[ALGTOP-L] first announcement: topology in australia and south korea

Philip Hackney philip at phck.net
Mon Feb 13 05:18:14 EST 2017

This is an announcement for the conference
		Topology in Australia and South Korea
to be held at the University of Melbourne from May 1 - 5, 2017. The aim is to foster regional connections among topologists, and we welcome interested researchers from the Asia-Pacific area and beyond.

Lecture Series:
	Mike Hopkins - TBA
	Yong-Geun Oh - Lagrangian Floer theory and mirror symmetry on toric manifolds

Confirmed speakers:
	Cheol-Hyun Cho
	Zsuzsanna Dancso
	Byeongho Lee
	Daniel Murfet
	Seonjeong Park
	Craig Westerland

Registration is now open at the conference website
	http://phck.net/task17
through the deadline of March 15. The registration fee for the conference is 25 AUD. Some funding is available for participants without other sources of support, so please indicate this on your registration. Participants from AMSI member institutions are encouraged to apply for support from the AMSI travel fund.

There may be a few slots for (short) contributed talks. If there is enough interest, we will also have a poster session for others (including primarily students and recent PhDs) who wish to present their research.

For questions, email us at
	asiapacifictopology at gmail.com

Vigleik Angeltveit
Gabriel C. Drummond-Cole