[ALGTOP-L] Chair/Professor position at University of Nevada, Reno

Chris Rogers chris.rogers.math at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 21:05:39 EST 2017

Dear colleagues,

The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at the University of
Nevada, Reno is conducting a search for department chair (full professor
rank). It is possible that the position may also include an endowed
professorship.

Our department consists of approximately 20 graduate faculty, 25
graduate students, and more than 100 majors. We recently launched our
Ph.D program in Mathematics, along with another in Statistics/Data Science.

The area of specialization is open, so we invite you to forward this
information to any colleagues who could be interested. Applications
from those with interests in topology, geometry, or related areas
are enthusiastically encouraged.

Research in algebraic topology is well-represented in our department.
The topology group consists of both postdoctoral and permanent faculty,
with diverse interests that include: low-dimensional topology, knot
theory, differential and symplectic geometry, homotopical algebra,
rational homotopy theory, and group theory.

UNR is geographically located at the base of the Sierra Nevada mountains
(about a 45 min drive from Lake Tahoe). Reno is a small city that offers
wonderful outdoor recreational opportunities, a thriving arts community,
and a great overall quality of life.

The full job description is available at:
www.mathjobs.org/jobs/jobs/10002

Application materials include a cover letter, CV, and contact
information for five references. Applications received by March 13, 2017
will receive full consideration.

Best regards,
Chris Rogers (on behalf of the search committee)