[ALGTOP-L] TECHNICAL ISSUE with registration for Quillen Memorial Conference

Mark Behrens mbehrens at math.mit.edu
Wed Jun 27 20:35:56 EDT 2012

Dear Algtop-l subscribers,

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED ONLINE (prior to June 27) for the
Quillen Memorial Conference
at MIT in October 2012, we ask that you please go to the conference website

http://math.mit.edu/quillen/

and REREGISTER.  A technical error with the online registration system
has resulted in the system not
recording any of the registrations before June 27.

Several details are below:

1) The conference will take place Columbus Day weekend (Sat Oct 6 -
Mon Oct 8, 2012) at MIT.  There will be 5 talks on Saturday and Sunday
and 3 talks on Monday.  The Monday talks will be in the morning so
that travelers can depart on late afternoon or evening flights on
Monday.

2) There will be a conference dinner Sunday night - you may sign up
for the dinner with your online registration.

3) We have limited NSF funding available for conference participants.
Preference will be given to students and postdocs.  Please indicate
your interest in funding in your online registration.  To maximize the
number of participants we can fund, we will be pairing these
participants in hotel rooms at the Hyatt in Cambridge.  If you have a
specific roommate request, please leave this information on the
"additional comments" portion of the online registration.

4) For other participants, we will have a block of rooms available at
a conference rate of $189 per room at the Hyatt.  Details will be
added to the conference web-page when they are available.

Best,

Mark Behrens (on behalf of the organizing committee: Clark Barwick,
Joachim Cuntz, Eric Friedlander, Michael Hopkins,
Haynes Miller, Andrew Ranicki, Graeme Segal, and Isadore Singer)