[ALGTOP-L] Midwest Topology Seminar 2nd announcement

James E McClure mcclure at math.purdue.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:24:48 EDT 2012

The Spring Midwest Topology Seminar will be a two-day event, Saturday
April 28 and Sunday April 29 at Purdue University.

We have arranged a block of rooms at the Union Club Hotel (reserve by this
Friday, April 13, mention ``Midwest Topology Seminar'').

Some limited funds are available to support hotel and travel costs of
participants, especially for graduate students and junior faculty without
other support.  If you would like to apply for support, contact Ralph
Kaufmann (rkaufman at math.purdue.edu) as soon as possible. Please include an
estimate of your expenses. The deadline for applications is Thursday
April 19. Decisions will be made  soon thereafter.

More information is available at the conference website:
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~rkaufman/midwest12/

We are in the Eastern time zone.

Saturday:

     9:15  Refreshments in the Math Library lounge

     10:00 Fred Cohen
           Moment-angle complexes, Polyhedral products and their applications

     11:30 Dan Dugger
           Characteristic classes for Z/2-equivariant bundles

     2:30  Qayum Khan
           Rigidity of pseudo-free group actions on contractible manifolds

     4:00  Sasha Voronov

Sunday

     9:15  Refreshments in the Math Library lounge

     10:00 Matilde Marcolli
           Noncommutative numerical motives and the Tannakian formalism

     11:15 Lizhen Qin
           A Bona Fide CW Decomposition of Compact Manifolds Resulting
           from Morse Theory

     1:30  Gunnar Carlsson
           Representations and K-theory

Organizers:
Ralph Kaufmann rkaufman at math.purdue.edu
Jim McClure mcclure at math.purdue.edu

The Midwest Topology Seminar is partially supported by the National
ScienceFoundation.  We have also received support from the Purdue Mathematics
Department.