[ALGTOP-L] Review of "Topology and groupoids" (2006)

Ronnie Brown ronnie.profbrown at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 19 06:01:24 EST 2012

Dear All,

Since I have published this book myself to keep the price down I also
have to do the publicity! (Actually this was also an experiment to see
how it would work, particularly in view of general complaints about book
prices.) So I would like to draw your attention to a review by Michael
Berg for the Mathematical Association of America which concludes

"The book is well written, indeed it is really a monograph composed by
an insider and an expert; it is very serious mathematics presented in a
sound pedagogical style: it is a very readable book equipped with fine
examples and many exercises; and its impact should be felt beyond the
confines of topology, even as topologists should be attracted to this
material most strongly.

Topology and Groupoids is an impressive work which should be given a
wide circulation.

BLL — The Basic Library List Committee suggests that undergraduate
mathematics libraries consider this book for acquisition.

See the full review at
http://mathdl.maa.org/mathDL/19/?pa=reviews&sa=viewBook&bookId=69421

The book may be ordered through amazon.com. More information is at

www.bangor.ac.uk/r.brown/topgpds.html

while some discussion of the issues of self publication are at

http://pages.bangor.ac.uk/~mas010/orderbook.html

Ronnie Brown