[ALGTOP-L] arXiv submission

David Pengelley davidp at nmsu.edu
Sun Dec 26 21:24:25 EST 2010

--0-577133613-1293416113=:11836

I was recently concerned about this too, for a publication in Elsevier's
journal Historia Mathematica.  However, I satisfied myself that my
preprint may stay forever on the arXiv, which was important to me in this
case.

For details, look at
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/authorsview.authors/authorsrights
http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/authorsview.authors/copyright

Properly interpreted, they say a preprint may stay on a preprint server
indefinitely.  It seems one just has to be careful that what is posted is
really a preprint, not the absolutely final version published by the
publisher.  Check what they say for details.

Best
David

David Pengelley (davidp at nmsu.edu)
Mathematical Sciences, 3MB
New Mexico State University
PO Box 30001
Las Cruces NM 88003-8001
USA
Tel: 575-646-3901=dept., 575-646-2723=my office; Fax: 575-646-1064
http://math.nmsu.edu/~davidp