[ALGTOP-L] re fake science

Clarence Wilkerson cwilkers at math.tamu.edu
Mon Nov 8 15:03:01 EST 2010

--0015175ce1708a983e0494901cfa

I've avoided teaching the televised courses that Purdue and other
universities offer, but I can imagine
having to worry about the hairs in my nose and ears as well as other fine
points of grooming that I
often ignore.

Jack, is the gibberish on the transparent blackboard shown reversed or not?

Clarence

--
Clarence W. Wilkerson

Visiting Professor of Mathematics, Texas A&M
Professor of Mathematics, Emeritus, Purdue University

--0015175ce1708a983e0494901cfa

I&#39;ve avoided teaching the televised courses that Purdue and other unive=
rsities offer, but I can imagine<br>having to worry about the hairs in my n=
ose and ears as well as other fine points of grooming that I<br>often ignor=
e.<br>
at 1:16 PM, Jack Morava <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:jack at math.j=
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><br>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
... she was primarily concerned about whether her behind<br>
looked good on camera...<br>
Perhaps courtesy to a worker in another discipline suggests<br>
we understand this as a technical professional issue?<br>
Which reminds me to ask if anyone else has noticed that remarkable<br>
technical innovation in TV academia, the transparent blackboard in<br>
the midst of the laboratory? Its advantage seems to be that the animated re=
searcher can be seen to be scribbling gibberish THROUGH the plexiglass, wit=
hout the need of a technical advisor to make the nonsense plausible.<br>