[ALGTOP-L] Jill Clayburgh the mathematician

Martin C. Tangora tangora at uic.edu
Sun Nov 7 16:11:29 EST 2010

Thanks for the references to other films that discuss
mathematics, physics, etc.

My colleague UIC number theorist John Masley was the
technical director (i.e. mathematical consultant) for the
film "It's my turn."  Sad to say, he reported that, in the scene
where she teaches the diagram chase, she was primarily
concerned about whether her behind looked good on camera.
I never went to see the film, but now at least I've seen the scene.

Martin C. Tangora
University of Illinois at Chicago
tangora at uic.edu