[ALGTOP-L] ALGTOP-L Digest, Vol 428, Issue 1

Martin C. Tangora tangora at uic.edu
Wed Jun 23 17:33:50 EDT 2010

 From the alg.top. list.

Hirosi Toda was the first great homotopy theorist
whose work was important to me.  He spent a year
at Northwestern when I was a grad student,
and later we saw each other at many meetings.

The cover of the Dover reprint of Mosher & T
shows a representation of a "Toda bracket."

The medal looks nice; so far nobody has provided
any more information about the award.

>Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 17:30:01 -0400
>From: "W. Stephen Wilson" <wsw at math.jhu.edu>
>Subject: [ALGTOP-L] Toda Medal
>To: algtop-l at lists.lehigh.edu
>
>News from Atsushi Yamaguchi:  Hiroshi Toda, on
>April 29, 2010, received
>
>"The Order of the Sacred Treasure, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon"
>
>http://www8.cao.go.jp/intro/kunsho/images/rrr-12.jpg
>
>from the Japanese government.
>
>If anyone knows more, please chime in.
>
>Steve
>
>W Stephen Wilson                   (410) 338-1833
>Professor of Mathematics
>Department of Mathematics
>Johns Hopkins University
>Baltimore, MD 21218               wsw at math.jhu.edu