[ALGTOP-L] CTIC 2010 - 2nd Call for Papers
rogodi at us.es
Thu Jun 17 07:05:09 EDT 2010
Apologies if you receive this more than once.
SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS
CTIC2010: Workshop on Computational Topology in Image Context
Chipiona/Cadiz, Spain, November 10-12, 2010
General co-Chairs: Rocio Gonzalez-Diaz and Pedro Real
Papers due: September 5, 2010
* Selected papers will be published in a special issue of Pattern Recognition Letters.
* Invited speakers:
- Herbert Edelsbrunner (Duke University & Institute of Science and Technology Austria)
- Claudia Landi (University of Bologna)
The aim of CTIC2010 is to gather researchers dealing with the study of topological invariants from the computational point of view, and/or those who want to use topological information in image applications. Indeed, people from different fields related to these studies share a growing interest in collaborating. These fields include: computational geometry, discrete geometry, geometrical modeling, algebraic topology and image processing. The workshop will provide an opportunity for the world's leading scientists and other participants in these fields, including young researchers, to exchange ideas. It will act as a catalyst for creating new collaborations, and starting new transversal projects. To achieve this goal, participants are encouraged to present their results related to one of the topics of the workshop listed below. Research in progress can also be submitted, as well as results that have been published recently. Works related to image applications using topological invariants are particularly welcome.
The range of topics that are within the scope of the CTIC Workshop includes (but is not limited to):
* Topological invariants and their computation, homology, cohomology, linking number, fundamental groups, ...
* Algorithm optimization for image applications, transfer of mathematical tools, parallel computation, hierarchical approaches, ...
* Experimental evaluation of algorithms and heuristics,* Numerical issues arising in implementations,
* Combinatorial or multi-resolution models,
* Discrete or computational topology,* Geometrical modeling guided by topological constraints,
* Use of topological information in image applications.
Leila De Floriani
Darian Onchis Moaca
Paper Submission deadline: September 5, 2010
Author Notification: October 10, 2010
Camera-ready version: October 25, 2010
ctic2010 at us.es
Applied Math Department (I)
School of Computer Engineering
University of Seville, Spain
Please find more information at the Webpage http://congreso.us.es/ctic2010/
More information about the ALGTOP-L