[ALGTOP-L] What kinds of topologies do these so-called "co-exact properties" describe?

Tim Porter t.porter at bangor.ac.uk
Sun Nov 2 07:54:08 EST 2008

Dear All,
A quite useful way into this subject is via the Qualitative Spatial
Reasoning group at the University of leeds.

http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/agc/krgroup.html

Their work looks at many of the aspects of the theory of region based
calculi, applications of mixed modal logical models, etc. but also
practical applications of all this to Geographical Information Systems.

The ideas are not always easy, but actually provide a wide range of
approachable topics for student  project work in topology or logic.

This is not of course the only research group working in that area,
there are many such, and unfortunately that site does not have many
external links to other work.

Hope this helps.

Tim Porter

--
Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this
email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do
not necessarily represent those of the Bangor University.
Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure.  Unless
expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is
not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised
signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance
Office.  www.bangor.ac.uk