[ALGTOP-L] String Topology workshop
ralph at math.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 11 10:58:03 EST 2008
This is the second announcement of the following workshop to be held
at Stanford this March.
There are some spaces still available. If you are interested in
participating, please register as soon as possible.
Young persons workshop on
Topology of Moduli Spaces
March 24-27, 2008
This is a workshop whose goal is to introduce topology graduate
students and postdoctoral researchers to recent work in the areas of
string topology and the algebraic topology of moduli spaces. The
program will consist of short lecture series given by some of the
leading young people in the field.
Speakers and Titles of Lecture Series
• Mohammed Abouzaid (MIT) Applications of string topology to
• Soren Galatius (Stanford University) The topology of cobordism
• Veronique Godin (Harvard University) Graphs in the study of moduli
spaces and string topology
• Paolo Salvatore (University of Rome II) Generalizations and
applications of string topology
• Bernardo Uribe (Universidad de Los Andes) Orbifolds and stringy
• Nathalie Wahl (University of Copenhagen) Stability theorems in the
homology of mapping class groups
• Craig Westerland (University of Wisconsin) Homotopy theoretic
aspects of string topology
Space and financial resources for this workshop are limited.
Unfortunately there will be no funding available for airfare, but we
hope to cover the cost of accommodations for all registered
participants. To find more details and to apply for registration,
please go to the following webpage:
This workshop is part of the emphasis program on the Geometry and
Topology of Moduli Spaces at the
Mathematics Research Center
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ALGTOP-L